Senior Data Engineer (Data Science team)
з/п не указана
Вакансия в архиве
Работодатель, вероятно, уже нашел нужного кандидата и больше не принимает отклики на эту вакансию
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are currently seeking for individual contributor with strong Data Engineering skills to Russia Data Science team to support our clients. The key responsibilities of the role will include working on key projects with biggest clients.
As a Data Engineer you will be accountable for leading the design, development and implementation of analytics driven strategies and solutions from Data Engineering perspective. In this role you will partner with Visa Consulting & Analytics, Business, Finance and Technology teams across the organization to implement solutions to drive business performance, as well as with the client teams.
Data Science team within Visa
Data Science is responsible for blueprinting and delivering projects with the appropriate analytic methodologies and techniques to solve client’s business objectives. The team closely collaborates with other analytic stakeholders to understand the business problem in order to determine the most appropriate analytic approach that provides meaningful results to clients. Responsibilities include delivering projects on time and within scope with an in-depth knowledge of big data and cutting edge data mining techniques as well as the use of predictive, classification and alternate analytic algorithms for modeling and segmentation. These analyses are foundational to corroborate or refute stated hypotheses and are incorporated in the final client-facing solutions. The team is responsible for continuously creating and protecting analytic IP resulting from project learning.
Global Data Science team is the engine of analytics at Visa; this is a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, and business analysts from a variety of countries – serving the Asia Pacific, Central Europe, Middle East and Africa geographies.
Visa DS is looking for a hands-on manager, a person that earns trust and respect of the team. The Manager must be results oriented, highly organized, and must, must be focused on delivering innovative analytics work. As Data Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering data solutions through best in class architect solutions.
This role doesn't involve team management and will be responsible for Russian market.
1. Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
2. Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
3. Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
4. Executing medium to large analytic projects along with rest of the stakeholders in the Visa data science team and Client team
5. Performing QA on data and deliverables by analysts and own deliverables
6. Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and all projects are reviewed per analytic plan
7. Building on team’s analytical skills and business knowledge
8. Enhancing existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics field
9. Providing subject matter expertise and quality assurance of complex data driven analytic projects
10. Conducting transaction data analysis with Hadoop/Cloud and big data technologies for internal and external clients and stakeholders, and develop deeper insights into the products using advanced statistical methods
11. Building predictive models using advanced machine learning techniques; interpret and present modeling and analytical results to non-technical audience
- Minimum of 5 years of analytical expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Degree (Masters or Ph.D would be an advantage) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Payments and Banking Industry including Consumer Credit, Consumer debit, Small Business, Commercial, Co-Brand and Merchant
- Experience planning, organizing, and managing multiple large projects with diverse cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate new techniques to solve business problems
- Demonstrated resource planning and delivery skills
Excellent knowledge of advanced data mining and statistical modeling, expert in BI/descriptive analytics.
- Proficiency with modeling software; experience with Python/R, Hadoop, HIVE, IMPALA
- Hands on experience on processing extremely large data sets. Excellent understanding of data marts, data relationship concepts and data processing. Knowledge of payment network transactional data is a plus
- Ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies, good understanding of hypothesis testing framework
- Define and design analytic approaches to business problems
- Ensure the usage of the correct analytic measures and metrics to solve the business problem
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English (upper intermediate plus), Russian fluent speaker.
- Experience working in cross-geographic teams is a plus
Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in payment, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is preferred
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Very detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn
- Proficient Russian&English